Tuesday, January 24, 2012

LIFE DRAWING PART 10

Life drawing sometimes feels like eating or cleaning- it's a never ending process. There is no such thing as finishing one class or reading one book and being done with it. In order to keep my skills sharp, I like to go back to drawing anatomy as well as drawing from a live model as much as I can. I can do this whenever I have an opportunity usually in between projects.

One of my favorite figure drawing/anatomy books is a series by George Bridgeman. Here are some recent drawings I've worked on:





In addition to this, I've been going to live figure drawing sessions on the weekend at the Palette And Chisel Academy Of Fine Arts Chicago. The sessions are "quick sketches" going from one minute to 60 minute drawings.

5 minutes

5 minutes

10 minutes, 15 minutes,                 25 minutes




25 minutes

25 minutes


It is essential for any artist that draws human beings to go back and do live figure drawing and anatomical studies from time top time. It is the only way to, not only remain sharp, but to also improve skills.