Thursday, July 14, 2011

HELPERS PART ONE: NATANYA RUBIN

One of the things I've learned most about doing artwork is that, although it's a solitary process, you can't learn it or work on it alone. There have been many people who have helped me out through the years  by either inspiration, suggestion, or hands on help. One of those people is model Natanya Rubin.

Natanya was one of my life drawing models back when I first attended American Academy of Art. I did many drawings of Natanya during my years there- quick sketches, full drawings , and oil paintings.





Besides being a fantastic model, Natanya was one of the nicest people I had met at the Academy. She became friends many of the students and even met her husband, artist Kyle Bice, there.

 Natanya was always my favorite model. When I was about to start the on going Stormy Tempest feature for AC Comics,  I wanted to have a consistent look for the main character. Natanya agreed to  the part and took the time to pose for the stories that I had thumbnailed out. Sometimes she played more than one character in the script.





In addition to her former modeling work, Natanya is on stage in 2 of Chicago's best burlesque shows: The Belmont Burlesque Revue and the Kiss Kiss Cabaret. Both shows are incredibly entertaining and are worth seeing at least once if not multiple times. 



Natanya Rubin has been a big help to my career and and a good friend for over a decade. I feel very lucky to have had her be a part of my endeavors.



In addition to her shows, Natanya can be found HERE and HERE