Monday, March 28, 2011

THE CREATIVE PROCESS PART 9-PHOTOS

A couple of weeks ago I got this great script from AC Comics. They are doing a one-shot devoted to the character of Miss Masque. They asked if I draw  an 11 page story written by David Watkins. The story, the plot of which is top secret, is called: The Funny Face Of Death!

This is NOT the cover, but it is Miss Masque!

So after I worked out the thumbnails, I set up a photo shoot. I usually take photos in order, more than anything else, to get correct portions of people. The places where the photos have been shot vary, from my apartment, to buildings around Loyola University's campus. For this story, it seemed like a good idea to take the pictures in the stairwell of office building where I work in downtown Chicago. The nice thing about that environment was that I could take photos from different angles. The bad thing was that we got interrupted by people using the stairwell to go to a different floor:

This lady thought it was a good idea to walk in just as I 
took a picture of one of my models.

My model for Miss Masque is coworker Gwydhar Gebien. Because I can't reveal anything about the story yet, I thought I'd share some of the pictures I took. Hopefully you'll be able to tell what an exciting story it will be.






Miss Masque Strikes Back #1, published by AC Comics, will be out in July 2011.