Thursday, February 17, 2011

DONATIONS

Every year I try to give to various charities if I can. I regularly give to Part Of The Solution, a soup kitchen in Bronx, New York where I had done some volunteer work after undergrad. I have also given to the Chicago Food Depository, The Michael J. Fox Foundation For Parkinson's Research,  Catholic Charities, and the Red Cross.

I want to tell you about a special fundraising effort. Jill Pantozzi is a columnist for Newsarama, MTV Splash Page, Topless Robot, and  Publisher's Weekly (among others). She writes a blog, The Nerdy Bird, which is fantastic and, truth be told, inspired me to start this blog. When I did start it, Jill was nice enough to take a look and give me some advice. Some of the content of the posts that I have done were her suggestions.

On March 12, Jill will be participating in the Muscular Dystrophy's annual MDA Muscle Walk, for the New York-New Jersey Metro area. Jill was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy ( specifically Spinal Muscular Atrophy) when she was 2 and a half. She and her family have been involved in MDA soon after and have done everything they could the help find a cure ever since. She talks about it more in depth HERE.

Donations to Jill can be made HERE or to her team " The Nerdy Birds" HERE. She's getting pretty close to her goal. Anything you can do to help out would be appreciated.

Thanks!