Wednesday, January 12, 2011

FIRST POST!

Hi Everyone! I'm Scott Larson, comic book artist and current penciler of the Stormy Tempest feature in AC Comics Femforce title. This is my first foray into the world of blogging, so I'm very excited to be talking to you all.

I've known since I was about 12 that I wanted to draw comic books for a living. I loved reading them growing up. My favorites were Detective Comics, because of the Steve Englehart/ Marshall Rogers run ( and I loved Batman because of the old '60's TV show) and Marvel Comics Star Wars title, especially the artwork of Ron Frenz and Tom Palmer. I also grew up in a family of artists. My Pop had attended American Academy Of Art in Chicago. So becoming a comic book artist seemed like a natural.

After college I became the assistant of inker Andrew Pepoy,  spotting blacks for Marvel Comics Mutant X and DC Comics Robin. In 2005 I had my first penciling job for Capstone Press's educational graphic novel Marie Curie And Radioactivity. Since then I've worked for Markosia Enterprises, penciling Heretic and Kong: King Of Skull Island and for AC Comics on various titles.

My hope with this blog is to connect with you by showing you current artwork, past artwork, citing my influences, telling my journey, and keeping you updated with news of my career. Hopefully you'll find it entertaining and have fun reading about my adventures. Every post I plan on including at least one piece of artwork. Today I'm including images of the different books I've worked on over the past few years.

Thanks for being here!